IngredientsPastry 175g/6oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour Pinch of Salt 75g/3oz Butter/Margarine Cold Water Topping 75g/3oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour 125g/4oz Butter/Margarine 125g/4oz Caster Sugar 100g packet Shamrock Ground Almonds 2 Eggs 2 teaspoons Goodall’s Almond Extract/Essence 2 tablespoons Fruitfield Raspberry Jam Shamrock Flaked Almonds to decorate
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5. Lightly grease an 11 x 7”/ 28x 18cm Swiss Roll tin.
- Sieve the flour and salt into a bowl. Rub in the margarine and add sufficient water to make a soft dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured board, roll out and line the Swiss Roll tin. Cover and leave in the fridge while making the topping.
To make topping
- Melt the margarine in a pan over a low heat.
- Remove from the heat and add the sugar, ground almonds and strong flour.
- Mix well, then beat in the eggs and almond essence. Leave to cool a little.
- Remove pastry from the fridge; spread the jam over the top of the pastry base.
- Pour the topping over the jam.
- Decorate with flaked almonds and bake for 35-40 mins. until pale golden in colour.
- When cool, cut into slices.