450g/1lb Odlums Cream Plain Flour
225g/8oz Butter (room temperature)
125g/4oz Light Brown Sugar
125g/4oz Caster Sugar
2 Eggs (beaten)
1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
1 teaspoon Bread Soda
100g packet Shamrock Pecans (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Lightly grease a few flat baking trays.
- Beat the butter and sugars together until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla essence and beat well to combine.
- Add the flour, bread soda and chopped nuts, and mix well.
- Form into balls about the size of a golf ball! Place on the prepared tins, spaced well to allow them to spread, about 2″ between each cookie. Gently press with fingers to flatten.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until risen and golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to stand for 5 minutes to “set,” then transfer to wire tray to cool.
- When cold, store in an airtight container.