125g/4oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
Few Tablespoons Cold Water
1 Cooking Apple (peeled and sliced)
50g/2oz Butter (melted and cooled)
50g/2oz Shamrock Muscavado Light Brown Sugar
1 Egg (beaten)
Good Pinch Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Lightly grease a 20cms/8” flan dish or loose bottomed tin.
- Make the pastry by putting the flour into a bowl, coarsely rub in the margarine then add sufficient water to mix to a soft dough. Lightly roll on some flour then roll out and use to line the prepared tin. Cover and leave in fridge while making up the filling.
- In a bowl mix together the melted butter, sugar, egg and cinnamon. Gently stir the blackberries into this.
- Remove pastry from fridge and arrange the apples on the base of the pastry, next gently spread over the blackberry mixture.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until nicely risen and a deep brown colour.
- Can be served hot or cold
Blueberries can replace the blackberries if liked!