350g / 12oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
150ml / 1/4 pint Sunflower Oil
175g / 6oz Golden Brown Sugar
3 Eggs (beaten)
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
75g / 3oz Sultanas
3 Eating Apples e.g. Granny Smith (peeled, cored and diced into small pieces)
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Lightly grease and base line a 21cm/8″ deep cake tin.
- Pour the sunflower oil into a bowl and add the sugar. Beat until well blended.
- Gradually, beat in the eggs until mixture has increased in volume. Next, add the sieved flour and cinnamon and gently stir into the liquid mixture.
- Finally add the sultanas and diced apples and mix very thoroughly. The mixture will be very stiff at this stage.
- Transfer to the prepared tin and bake for about an hour until golden brown and a knife inserted into the cake comes out clean!
- Leave cake in tin for about 10 minutes then turn onto a wire tray to cool completely.
Cake can be served warm with a dollop of cream after a meal or is a very nice moist cake served cold in slices!