125g/4oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
75g/3oz Odlums Coarse Wholemeal
25g/1oz Odlums Wheat Bran
1 Teaspoon Odlums Baking Powder
Good Pinch Cinnamon
1 Tablespoon Shamrock Brown Sugar
50g/2oz Butter or Margarine (room temperature)
1 Eating Apple (grated)
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Lightly dust a flat baking tin with flour.
- Put the Wholemeal and Bran into a mixing bowl. Sieve in the Self Raising flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Mix ingredients together.
- Stir in the sugar, add the butter or margarine and rub into mixture with the tips of fingers until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Add the apple and milk. Quickly combine together and turn onto a floured board. Put the baking tray into the oven to preheat while cutting the scones.
- Lightly roll the dough on the flour then press out to about 1/2” in thickness.
- Cut out the scones. When all are cut, put onto the preheated tin and bake in an upper shelf position for about 15 minutes until risen and golden brown in colour.
- Cool on a wire tray.
- Delicious with a low fat spread!!