250g/9oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
225g/8oz Butter (at room temperature)
225g/8oz Caster Sugar
4 tablespoons Baileys Irish Cream
170ml Carton Fresh Cream (whipped)
2 tablespoons Baileys Irish Cream
225g/8oz Fresh Strawberries (cleaned, hulled and halved)
Icing Sugar for Dusting top.
- Grease and base line two 20cms/8” sandwich tins.
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
- Put the butter and sugar into a bowl and beat until light and creamy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time with a tablespoon of the flour.
- Finally, add the remaining flour and Baileys and gently mix until well blended.
- Divide the mixture between the two tins, level the tops with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in a central oven position for about 40 mins until risen and firm to the touch when gently touched.
- Remove from oven and turn cakes onto a wire tray to cool.
- When cold, fold Baileys into whipped cream. Spread cream on both cakes and place the strawberries on one cake and top with the other half.
- Dust top of cake with icing sugar.