Ingredients:250g / 8oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
75g / 3oz Butter, softened
75g / 3oz Brown Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
50g / 2oz Golden Syrup
1 Egg Yolk
1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Ground Ginger
You will also needgingerbread cutter
a bowl and wooden spoon
a wire tray for cooling
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add bicarbonate of soda, golden syrup and egg yolk and stir well.
- Sift the flour and spices into the bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Shape into a ball and knead lightly on a work surface until smooth.
- Wrap and chill for about 30 minutes before using.
- Thinly roll out dough a use gingerbread cutters to cut out shapes.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheets, leaving a space between each.
- Bake at 180°C/350°F/Gas 4 for about 10-12 minutes until slightly risen and golden in colour.
- Transfer to a wire tray to cool.