Ingredients:225g/8oz Odlums Self Raising Flour 1/2 teaspoon Mixed Spice 125g/4oz Margarine or Butter 50g/2oz Shamrock Mixed Peel 50g/2oz Shamrock Sultanas 50g/2oz Shamrock Chopped Walnuts 450g/1lb Bananas 1 tablespoon Rowse Honey (runny) 2 Eggs (beaten)
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Lightly grease a 900g/2lb loaf tin.
- Place the flour and spice into a mixing bowl, add the butter or margarine and “rub in” until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the mixed peel, sultanas and walnuts.
- Mash the bananas with the Rowse honey, stir gently into the mixture with the beaten eggs. Mix well.
- Transfer to prepared tin and bake for about an hour until well risen and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in tin for 10 minutes. Turn onto wire tray to cool completely.
- When cold wrap in greaseproof paper and tin foil.