125g/4oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
125g/4oz Butter or Margarine (room temperature)
125g/4oz Caster Sugar
2 Eggs (room temperature)
Few drops Vanilla Essence
2 tablespoons Strawberry Jam (sieved)
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Line cup cake tin with baking cases.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs and the vanilla essence. If mixture starts to curdle, add a little of the flour.
- Gently stir in remaining flour with a spoon. Place spoonfuls of the mixture into the baking cases and bake for 15 – 20 minutes until firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and leave on a wire tray to cool.
- Whip cream until stiff. Spoon a teaspoon of the cream onto each cupcake. Arrange slices of fresh strawberries on to the cream.
- Brush the sieved jam over each strawberry to give a glossy finish.