225g/8oz Odlums Strong Flour
1 Tablespoon Odlums Coarse Wholemeal Flour
1 Level Teaspoon Fast Acting Yeast
Good Pinch of Salt
150ml/1/4 pt Water (lukewarm)
3 Dessertspoons Roma Olive Oil
Spices or Herbs like Rosemary (optional)
Beaten Egg and Sesame Seeds if wished
- Preheat oven to 200°°F/Gas 6. Lightly grease 4 to 6 ovenproof soup bowls or pyrex bowls on the outside and place them upside down on a large baking tray.
- Place the herbs or spices on the upturned bowls, if used.
- Put all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix until ingredients have come together.
- Turn onto a floured board and knead for about 6 to 8 minutes, until a smooth ball of dough is formed.
- Return to the bowl and cover the top with cling film, allow to ‘rest’ for 30 minutes. Roll out until about 1/2 – 1/4 inch in thickness. Cut into circles, I use a side plate for this!
- Allow to ‘rest’ for a further 10 minutes.
- Lay on the prepared upturned bowls and ease down the sides of the bowls. Gently pat down to eliminate any air pockets. Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds if liked.
- 8. Bake for about 20 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the bowls and allow to get cold before serving the soup in them!