- 275g / 10oz Butter
- 150ml / 1/4 pt Golden Syrup
- 225g / 8oz Good Quality Chocolate
- 1/2 x 400g Packet of Digestive Biscuits (roughly crushed)
- 1/2 x 400g Packet of Rich Tea Biscuits (roughly crushed)
- 125g/4oz Shamrock Nuts (walnuts, brazils, almonds) optional
- 125g / 4oz Shamrock Fruit (sultanas, apricots, cherries) optional
- 1 Packet of Maltesers
- Line a 15cms/6″ round cake tin or a 2lb loaf tin with a double layer of greaseproof paper.
- Melt the butter, syrup and chocolate in a pan over a low heat. Stir to make sure all the ingredients are well mixed together.
- Add the biscuits, maltesers and fruit and nuts, if used. Stir well.
- Transfer to prepared tin. Level it on top and press down well to avoid “air gaps”. Allow to get cold and hard. Wrap completely in greaseproof paper and store in a fridge.
A delicious treat for after tea!