225g/8oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
150g/5oz Shamrock Light Muscovado Sugar
125g/4oz Shamrock Sultanas
150g/5oz Grated Carrot
Grated Rind of 1 Orange
175ml/6fl oz Sunflower Oil
1 teaspoon Goodall’s Cinnamon
½ teaspoon Goodall’s Nutmeg
Pinch Odlums Bread Soda
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Grease and base line a 900g/2lb loaf tin. Can also be lined with a tin liner.
2. Put sugar, sultanas, carrots and orange rind into a bowl.
3. Beat eggs and oil together and stir into the carrot mixture.
4. Sieve flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and bread soda together and add to the other ingredients.
5. Gently stir all ingredients well together.
6. Transfer to prepared tin and bake in the pre-heated oven for approx. 45 minutes in a central oven position.
7. Cool in tin for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire tray to cool.
125g/4oz Cream Cheese
125g/4oz Icing Sugar (sieved)
1 tablespoon Orange Juice (optional)
Beat all ingredients together until smooth and spread on top of cake.
As ovens vary, always check manufacturer’s instructions.