175g/6oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
225g/8oz Butter or Margarine (room temperature)
125g/4oz Good Quality Chocolate
325g/12oz Caster Sugar
2 Teaspoons Goodall’s Vanilla Essence
4 Eggs (beaten)
80g Packet Shamrock Chopped Walnuts
Pinch of Salt
½ Teaspoon Odlums Baking Powder
- Preheat oven to 160°C/320°F/Gas 3. Lightly grease an oblong brownie tin. 25cm/10” x 15cm/6”. Small roasting tin would also do.
- Melt the butter or margarine and chocolate together over a low heat.
- Remove from heat, add the sugar and mix well.
- Add vanilla essence, eggs and chopped walnuts.
- Sieve the flour, salt and baking powder together and gently stir into chocolate mixture.
- Pour into prepared tin and bake for about 40-50 minutes until crusty on top.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool, cut into brownies.
When BBQ is cooling down, wrap Brownies in double layer of tin foil and place on BBQ, turning every few minutes. When heated, remove from foil and serve warm with cream/ice-cream and raspberry coulis, if desired!
In a Hurry? Don’t forget our Bake Your Own Cake Range – Ready for the Oven in Minutes !