125g/4oz Odlums Coarse Wholemeal Flour
125g/4oz Odlums Cream Plain flour
2 tsp of Odlums Baking Powder
2 tbsp Poppy Seeds
75g/3oz Shamrock Golden Caster Sugar
3 tbsp Rowse Honey
Rind of 2 Lemons
125g Carton Natural Yoghurt
100ml Sunflower Oil
2 tbsp Rowse Honey (slightly warmed)
Juice of 1 lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
2. Grease and base line a 900g/2lb loaf tin.
3. Mix the flours, baking powder and poppy seeds in a bowl.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk the sugar, honey, eggs, rind, yogurt and oil together.
5. Pour the mixture onto the dry ingredients and mix well.
6. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for about 50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the centre of the loaf comes out clean.
7. When the cake is baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin for about 10 minutes. Then transfer to a wire tray to cool.
8. Meanwhile mix the lemon juice and honey together and use to glaze loaf (while slightly warm), if liked.