Ingredients:225g / 8oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
Pinch Cayenne Pepper
25g / 1oz Margarine
150ml / 1/4 pint Milk
2 tablespoons Wholegrain Mustard
50g / 2oz grated Parmesan
50g / 2oz grated Cheddar
50g / 2oz crumbled Feta
Freshly Ground Pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Lightly dust a flat baking sheet with flour.
- Sieve flour, baking powder and cayenne pepper into a bowl. Rub in the margarine until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the milk and mix to a soft dough. Turn onto a lightly floured board and gently knead until smooth.
- Roll into a rectangle about 25cm x 30cm/10″ x 12″.
- Spread the mustard over the dough. Sprinkle over the cheeses and grind over the pepper.
- Starting from the long side, roll dough into a cylinder. Cut into12 even sized pieces.
- Place on the baking sheet, cut side down, leaving space for the scones to expand. Cook for about 15 minutes until golden.
- Cool on a wire tray and serve warm with a salad.