- 125g/4oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
- 125g/4oz Butter (room temperature)
- 75g/3oz Chocolate
- 150g/5oz Shamrock Golden Caster Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Goodall’s Vanilla Essence
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Odlums Baking Powder
- 125g/4oz Chocolate, melted with 50g/2oz butter
- Red & Green Sprinkles
- 3 tablespoons sieved icing sugar mixed with 1 tablespoon of water
- Lollipop Sticks
- Preheat oven to 160°C/320°F/Gas 3. Lightly grease and base line a 7”/18cm square tin. Small roasting tin would also do.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together over a low heat.
- Remove from heat, add the sugar and mix well.
- Add vanilla essence and eggs. Beat well.
- Sieve the flour, salt and baking powder together and gently stir into chocolate mixture.
- Pour into prepared tin and bake for about 40-50 minutes until crispy on top.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Cut into triangles to resemble Christmas Trees. Spread melted chocolate on top and decorate with sprinkles. Drizzle icing on to resemble snow.
- Dip lollipop sticks into the melted chocolate and press into base of trees.