Ingredients:250g/ 8 oz Odlums Self Raising Flour 125g / 4 oz Butter (softened) 175g / 6 oz Dark Brown Sugar 3 Eggs 150ml / 1/4 pt Milk 1 level teaspoon Cinnamon 150g / 5 oz chopped Dates 90g / 3oz Dark Chocolate roughly chopped 60g / 2oz chopped Apricots
Caramel Sauce175g / 6 oz Butter 175g / 6oz Golden Syrup 2 tablespoons Dark Brown Sugar
- Place the butter sugar, eggs, flour, milk and cinnamon in a bowl and beat with a wooden spoon for 2-3 minutes, or with a hand whisk for 1-2 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the chopped dates, chocolate pieces and apricots.
- Turn the mixture into a buttered 1.25 litre / 2 pint pudding bowl and cover with cling film.
- Pierce cling film several times and microwave on medium for 12-15 minutes, until the mixture is firm to the touch and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean, apart from traces of melted chocolate.
- Leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Caramel Sauce
- Place all ingredients in a small saucepan and stir while bringing to the boil. Simmer for 1-2 minutes until syrupy
- Turn the pudding on to a serving plate and pour some of the caramel sauce over the top. Serve with cream and the remaining caramel sauce.
To Prepare ahead: Make pudding and cover with cling film up to 24 hours ahead.