175g /6oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
175g/6oz Butter (room temperature)
175g/6oz Caster Sugar
3 Tablespoons Cold Water
2 Tablespoon Cocoa (sieved)
6 x Mini Crème Eggs (cut in quarters)
4 Regular Crème Eggs (halved)
- Preheat oven to 150°C/300°F/Gas 4. Line a 7 inch/18cm deep cake tin with greaseproof paper.
- Cream butter and sugar together until smooth. Gradually beat in the eggs.
- Gently stir in the flour, water and cocoa.
- Finally mix in the mini eggs well. Transfer to the prepared tin. Smooth top with back of spoon.
- Bake for 40 minutes approx. until risen and firm to the touch when gently pressed.
- Remove from the oven. Leave in tin for ten minutes, then transfer to wire tray to cool. When cold, preheat the grill. Arrange the crème egg halves on top of cake and place under hot grill for a few minutes to melt.
- Ideal to serve as a dessert!!