350g/12oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
2 Teaspoons Odlums Baking Powder
125g/4oz Dark Plain Chocolate
75ml/2½fl oz Water
225g/8oz Shamrock Light Muscovado Sugar
125g Carton Natural Yogurt
2 Eggs (beaten)
200g/7oz Dark Plain Chocolate
6 Tablespoons Water
3 Tablespoons Cream
1 Tablespoon Chilled Butter
- Pre heat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5. Grease and base line a 33 x 20cm/13” x 8” approx. baking tin. A small roasting tin will also do!
- Melt the butter and chocolate with the water in a saucepan over a low heat, stirring frequently.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl. Stir in the sugar.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients and beat.
- Finally, stir the yogurt and the eggs until mixture is evenly mixed.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for approx 40 to 45 minutes until risen and springy to the touch.
- Remove from oven and leave in tin to cool before turning onto wire tray. Leave to cool completely.
To make the icing:
Melt the chocolate with the water in a saucepan over a very low heat, stir in the cream and remove from the heat. Stir in the butter, then pour icing over the cooled cake using a palette knife to spread it evenly over the tip of the cake.
When icing is ‘set’ cut into squares.