- 225g/8oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
- 200g/7oz Butter (at room temperature)
- 50g/2oz Caster Sugar
- 25g/1oz Shamrock Cornflour
- 3 x 100g packets Shamrock Almond Niblets
- 4 tablespoons Rowse Honey
- 125g/4oz Plain Chocolate
- 25g/1oz Margarine
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Lightly grease a swiss roll tin (28cm x 18cm/ 11″ x 7″). Tin could also be lined with baking parchment instead of greasing!
- Put butter and sugar into a large bowl and beat well. When mixture is smooth, beat in the Shamrock cornflour.
- Add the flour and gently stir until mixture comes together to form a dough. Transfer to a floured surface and gently knead.
- Press dough into the prepared tin and bake for about 15 minutes until very pale in colour. Remove from oven and allow to “stand” for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the Shamrock almonds and Rowse honey into a saucepan. Place over a low heat and gently heat stirring all the time.
- Spread nut mixture over the shortbread and return to the oven for a further 15 minutes until almonds are golden brown.
- Allow mixture to “set” for about ten minutes. Cut into fingers, squares or triangles. Leave to go completely cold.
- Melt the chocolate and margarine together and stir to combine. Brush the chocolate along the sides of each biscuit. When chocolate is set, store in an airtight container.
If liked, a layer of your favourite Fruitfield jam can be spread on the shortbread before spreading on the Rowse honey and Shamrock almonds.