Ingredients175g/6oz Shamrock Light Muscavado Sugar 175g/6oz Shamrock Sultanas 125g/4oz Shamrock Raisins 125g/4oz Shamrock Currants 125g/4oz Shamrock Candied Peel 25g/1oz Shamrock Chopped Nuts 1 Teaspoon Mixed Spice Level Teaspoon Cinnamon Good Pinch Nutmeg 225g/8oz Bramley Apples (grated) 125g/4oz Butter (melted) 3 Tablespoons Brandy, Rum or Whiskey
- Put the first nine ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.
- Next, add the grated apple, melted butter and alcohol. Stir well to combine.
- Cover and allow to ‘stand’ overnight.
- Stir well again, then, transfer to sterilized jars. Cover with wax discs and seal the lids with jam pot covers or store in preserving/kilner jars.
- Store in a cool dark place.
Shredded suet or vegetarian suet may replace the butter, just mix it in with the other dry ingredients.
You can also add 125g/4oz Shamrock Cherries or 125g/4oz Cranberries or both!!