225g/8oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
1 Level Teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon Bread Soda
150g/5oz Caster Sugar
50g/2oz Butter (room temperature)
2 Ripe Bananas (mashed)
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas 4, Lightly grease and base line a 900g/2lb loaf tin.
- Put sugar, butter and eggs into a bowl and beat until creamy, scraping down the bowl every so often!
- Add the bananas and vanilla essence and beat on low speed.
- Sieve the flour, cinnamon and soda into the mixture and stir until ‘just’ mixed.
- Transfer to the prepared tin and bake for about 40 to 50 minutes until risen and golden brown or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in tin for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire tray to get cold.
- Delicious served with butter!!