75g / 3oz Tritamyl Gluten-free Flour
75g / 3oz Shamrock Light Brown Sugar
175g / 6oz Margarine
3 Eggs (lightly beaten)
1 teaspoon Mixed Spice (gluten-free)
500g packet Shamrock Luxury Fruit Mix
1 Apple (Grated)
100g packet Shamrock Ground Almonds
175g / 6oz Breadcrumbs (gluten-free)
150ml / 1/4 pint Whiskey
150ml / 1/4 pint fresh Orange Juice
- Cream margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the lightly beaten eggs and mix well.
- Stir in the flour and mixed spice.
- Next add the fruit mix, grated apple and ground almonds. Mix well.
- Finally, add the breadcrumbs, whiskey and orange juice.
- Stir well, cover and leave to stand overnight.
- Transfer to a 3 pint greased pudding bowl.
- Steam for 5 hours
To steam pudding in oven:
- Put two long strips of tin foil crosswise on work top or table. Place roasting tin on foil. Sit pudding bowl into the tin and fill with boiling water to within 1″ of top of tin. Then bring tin foil around to form a parcel, which should be airtight to prevent any steam escaping.
- Place in preheated oven at 150°C/300°F/Gas 2 for the same length of time as above. There is no need to top up with water during cooking.