- 300g/11oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
- 1 Level Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 225g/8oz soft Margarine
- 225g/8oz Caster Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 3 Teaspoons instant coffee dissolved in 2 tablespoons hot water
- 100g Packet of chopped Walnuts
- 50g/2oz Butter (melted)
- 2 Teaspoons instant coffee, dissolved in 2 tablespoons hot water
- 225g/8oz Icing Sugar
- Walnut Halves
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Line a swiss roll tin or roasting tin 26cms x 16cms/10” x 6” with greaseproof paper.
- Put all the ingredients for the cake into a large mixing bowl. Beat well.
- Transfer to the prepared tin and spread evenly. Bake for about 40 minutes until golden brown and well risen.
- Remove from tin and place on a wire tray to cool.
- Meanwhile, make the icing by beating the ingredients together. Allow to cool and begin to ‘set’.
- When traybake is completely cold spread the icing on the top and decorate with the walnut halves.