Ingredients225g/8oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour 225g/8oz Odlums Coarse Wholemeal 1 Heaped Teaspoon Odlums Baking Powder 125g/4oz Butter 75g/3oz Shamrock Demerara Sugar (& extra for finishing) 125g/4oz Shamrock Cranberry, Raisin & Sultana Mix 1 Egg (beaten) 300ml/½pt Milk (approx) Glaze 1 Beaten Egg (optional)
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5. Lightly dust a flat baking tray with flour.
- Put the flours into a mixing bowl and rub in the butter. Mix in the sugar and fruit. Make a well in the centre, add the egg and sufficient milk to mix to a soft dough.
- Transfer to a floured surface and gently roll in the flour. Press out until about 4 to 5 cm in thickness.
- Put the tray into the oven to heat while cutting out the scones, using a 8cm/3” cutter you will get about 8 scones. Put them on the preheated tin and brush with beaten egg if used, then, sprinkle with extra demerara sugar.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until risen and golden brown.
- Cool on a wire tray.