225g / 8oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
125g / 4oz Caster Sugar
Rind of 1 Orange
150ml / 1/4 pint Orange Juice
3 tablespoons Sunflower Oil
125g / 4oz Cranberries
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Grease and base line a 900g/2lb loaf tin (23cm x 13cm/9″ x 5″).
- Sieve the flour and caster sugar into a mixing bowl. Stir in the orange rind.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the orange juice, eggs and sunflower oil. When well blended, add to the dry ingredients.
- Gently stir until all the ingredients are combined. Finally, stir in the cranberries.
- Transfer to the prepared tin and bake for about 45 minutes or until a knife inserted into cake comes out clean!
- Leave to sit in tin for about 10 minutes; then turn out onto a wire tray to go completely cold.