- 75g / 3oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
- 50g / 2oz Margarine
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 125g / 4oz chopped Ham
- 125g / 4oz grated Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Tomato (sliced)
- 3 Eggs
- 300ml / 1/2 pint Milk
- Pinch of Dried Mixed Herbs
- Preheat oven 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Lightly grease a 20cm/23cm (8″/9″) flan dish.
- Put flour, margarine, salt and pepper into a bowl. Rub ingredients with finger tips until mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Add the onion, ham, cheese and tomato and mix well.
- Beat the eggs, milk and mixed herbs together and pour into dry ingredients. Gently stir until combined.
- Pour into the prepared dish and bake for between 30 and 40 minutes until risen and golden brown.
- Serve hot with a salad.