300g/10oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
225g/8oz Butter (room temperature)
225g/8oz Caster Sugar
2 Eggs (room temperature)
1 teaspoon Odlums Baking Powder
Few drops Goodall’s Vanilla Essence
4-5 tablespoons Milk
Butter Cream Icing
125g/4oz Butter (room temperature)
225g/8oz Icing sugar (sieved)
Few Drops Goodall’s Vanilla Essence
Few Drops Goodall’s Colouring (as desired)
Mini Eggs to decorate
125g/4oz Melted Chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Line bun tin with baking cases.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs and the vanilla essence. If mixture starts to curdle, add a little of the flour.
- Gently stir in remaining flour with a spoon. Place spoonfuls of the mixture into the baking cases and bake for 15 – 20 minutes until firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and leave on a wire tray to cool.
- Make buttercream by beating the butter, icing sugar and vanilla essence together until smooth and creamy.
- If desired, divide the icing into separate bowls for each colour you want to use, gradually add the colouring, mixing well until required colour is achieved.
- Pipe or ‘swirl’ icing onto each cupcake. Top with mini eggs to decorate!