Ingredients:225g / 8oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
50g / 2oz Butter or Margarine
Pinch of Salt
50g / 2oz Grated Cheddar Cheese
1 Clove of Garlic (crushed)
150ml / 1/4pt milk
- Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas 7. Lightly grease a flat baking sheet.
- Sieve flour and salt into a mixing bowl. Rub in the butter until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Stir in the cheese and garlic.
- Pour in the milk, reserving a tablespoonful for glazing the wedges, gently mix until combined.
- Turn onto a floured surface and knead briefly and lightly. Press dough into a I” thick round. Cut into 8 wedges. Place onto prepared tin and brush with reserved milk.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until light brown.
- Serve hot or cool on a wire tray.
- Serve with soup, salad or cheese.