2 Egg Whites
Pinch of Salt
125g/4oz Caster Sugar
Shamrock Flaked Almonds
Carton Whipped Cream
Fresh Fruit in season (Raspberries, Blueberries, Strawberries etc.)
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment. Preheat oven to 110°C/225°F/Gas 1/4.
- Place the egg whites in a large clean bowl, add a pinch of salt and beat until stiff and resembles cotton wool.
- Continue beating as the sugar is gradually added. Beat until mixture is stiff and shiny.
- Place spoonfuls of the mixture, in small mounds, on the prepared tin. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Place in oven for about 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours, then turn off the oven and leave them in oven until it has cooled down, then transfer to a wire tray to get cold.
- Fill with whipped cream and fresh fruit and serve.