Ingredients:125g/4 tablespoons Odlums Cream Flour
125g/4 tablespoons Light Brown Sugar
175g/6 tablespoons Odlums Porridge Oatflakes
125g/Half a block of Margarine
Fruit of your choice - Apples, Rhubarb, Gooseberries
You will also needa bowl and wooden spoon
a microwave oven
- Ensure oven is fully preheated to 190°C, Gas 5
- Put the flour into a bowl. Add in the margarine and rub into the flour with your fingers.
- Add in the sugar and the oatflakes and mix together.
- To prepare fruit – if using apples, peel them first. Chop fruit into a microwaveable bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of cold water and about 3 spoonfuls of sugar to sweeten. Microwave on High power for 5 – 7 depending on power of microwave.
- Put fruit in ovenproof dish. Spoon crumble over fruit. Bake in oven for about 20 minutes.
To stew apples
- Peel two large cooking apples
- Roughly chop into a microwaveable bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of cold water and about 3 spoonfuls of sugar to sweeten.
- Microwave on High power for 5 to 7 minutes depending on power of microwave.