350g/12oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
1 Tablespoon Odlums Baking Powder
3 Tablespoons Sugar
Pinch of Salt
300ml/½pt of Guinness
1 Teaspoon Wholegrain Mustard
125g/4oz Grated Mature Cheddar
2 Tablespoons Chopped Chives
25g/1oz butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5. Grease and base line a 900g/2lb loaf tin.
- Put the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt into a mixing bowl and mix well.Pour in the stout and stir until all ingredients are moistened.
- Fold in three quarters of the cheese and the chives. Transfer to the prepared tin. Pour the melted butter on top. Bake for 30 minutes, then scatter the remaining cheese on top.
- Return to the oven and bake for a further 20 minutes approx until a skewer or knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to stand in tin for 5 minutes, then turn onto a wire tray to cool.
- Delicious served with cheese and chutney!