175g/6oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
325g/11oz Odlums Coarse Wholemeal
50g/2oz Odlums Wheat Bran
25g/1oz Odlums Wheat Germ
2 heaped Teaspoons Odlums Baking Powder
Good Pinch of Salt
1 Tablespoon Sesame Seeds
1 Tablespoon Poppy Seeds
1 Tablespoon Linseeds
2 Tablespoons Sunflower Seeds
2 Tablespoons Pumpkin Seeds
125g/4oz Shamrock diced Apricots
1 Tablespoon Treacle
1 Tablespoon Sunflower Oil
725ml/1¼ pt Milk (approx)
Extra Sesame seeds for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Lightly grease 2 x 900g/2lb loaf tins.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add treacle, oil and sufficient milk to mix to a moist dough, like a thick porridge!
- Divide the mixture evenly between the two prepared tins. Smooth the top with the back of a wet spoon dipped in water. Make a cut lengthwise down the centre with a knife.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds if liked.
- Bake for 40 to 50inutes until loaf is well browned and sounds hollow when tapped underneath.
- Wrap loaves in clean tea towels and allow to cool on a wire tray.