225g / 8oz Odlums/Heart's Delight Wheatmeal
1 heaped teaspoon Baking Powder
50g / 2oz Low Cholesterol Spread
25g / 1oz Light Brown Sugar
125g / 4oz Sultanas
50g / 2oz chopped Walnuts
150ml / 1/4 pint Low Fat Milk
A little milk
25g / 1oz finely chopped Walnuts, mixed with 1 teaspoon Light Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Lightly grease a flat baking tray.
- Put the wheatmeal and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Rub in the spread and stir in the sugar, sultanas and walnuts.
- Add the milk and mix to a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface and lightly knead. Press into a 20cm/8″ round and place on the prepared tray.
- Cut the round into eight sections / wedges. Brush the top with a little milk and sprinkle on the topping.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until risen and golden brown.