- 350g/12oz Odlums Coarse Wholemeal
- 25g/1oz Odlums Wheat Bran
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 teaspoon Shamrock Bread Soda (sieved)
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 300ml / ½ pint Milk
- 125g Carton Yoghurt (Natural or Hazelnut)
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Grease a 900g/2lb loaf tin.
- Put wholemeal, wheat bran, sugar, salt and sieved bread soda into a mixing bowl and mix well together.
- Add the oil, milk and yoghurt and stir until well blended. Mixture will be quite “wet”.
- Transfer to the prepared tin and bake for 45 minutes – 1 hour. Bread is baked when tapped underneath and it has a hollow sound.
- Wrap in a clean tea towel and allow to cool.
- Bread cuts better if left until the next day
Sprinkle Odlums Oatflakes or sesame seeds on top of dough before baking.
50g/2oz Shamrock Apricots (chopped)
1 Tablespoon of Sunflower Seeds
80g Packet Shamrock Chopped Walnuts
Can be mixed in with the dry ingredients!