200g/7oz Odlums Coarse Wholemeal
175g/6oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
50g/2oz Odlums Porridge Oatflakes
1 Level Teaspoon Bread Soda
250g Carton Low Fat Yogurt
2 Tablespoons Roma Cholesterol Free Olive Oil
3 Tablespoons Honey
150ml/1/4 pt Low Fat or Fat free Milk
Extra Oatflakes for dusting
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5. Lightly oil a 900g/2lb loaf tin and sprinkle a few tablespoons from the oatflakes onto the inside of the tin.
- Put the Wholemeal, plain flour and oatflakes into a large mixing bowl and mix well. Sieve in the bread soda and combine with the flour and oats.
- In a separate bowl beat together the yogurt, egg, olive oil, honey and milk. Add to the dry ingredients and combine together gently until all dry ingredients are moistened.
- Transfer to the prepared tin and sprinkle some extras oatflakes on top, make a cut down the centre with a knife. Bake in a central position in the oven for 40 to 45 minutes until well risen and golden brown. Turn onto a wire tray to cool. When loaf is tapped underneath after baking it should have a hallow sound.
- The bread is delicious served warm !