Ingredients:25g/1oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour 275-325g/10-12oz Turkey, Chicken or Ham (or a mixture), roughly chopped 450g/1lb Onions (thinly sliced) 1 tablespoon Roma Olive Oil 1 tablespoon Sugar 50g/2oz Butter 425ml/15fl oz/¾pt Milk or a mixture of Milk & Cream 75g/3oz grated Cheddar Cheese Salt & Pepper Pinch of Nutmeg 325g/12oz/6 blocks Frozen Spinach (defrosted)
Crumble125g/4oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour 50g/2oz Odlums Porridge Oats 25g/1oz grated Cheddar Cheese 100g packet Shamrock Chopped Walnuts (optional) 125g/4oz Stork Margarine
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5. Lightly grease a deep oven proof casserole dish.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onions with the sugar until soft. This takes about 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, put the butter, milk and flour into a saucepan and bring to the boil, whisking all the time, until you have a smooth sauce. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Stir in cheese.
- Next, add the onions and meat to the sauce. Bring to the boil then simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, make the crumble by mixing the dry ingredients together. Add the margarine and rub through until a crumble is formed.
- Spread spinach on base of prepared casserole dish.
- Pour sauce over spinach and sprinkle the crumble on top. Bake for about 15 minutes until crumble is nicely browned.
- Serve with a salad.