1 packet Odlums Luxury Double Chocolate Cake Mix
170ml carton of Cream
2 x 100g bars of good quality Plain Chocolate
White Chocolate (curls or grated)
- Preheat oven to 170°/325°F/Gas 3. Base line 2 x 18cms/7″ sandwich tins.
- Prepare cakes as per pack instructions and bake for about 25 minutes.
- Cool cakes in tins for about 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire tray to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, place chocolate and cream in a bowl over a pan of simmering water and allow chocolate to melt, stirring occasionally. When melted remove from the heat and stir well. Allow to cool and begin to “set”.
- Sandwich the cakes with about a third of the topping and pour remainder over the assembled cake.
- Decorate top with white chocolate curls.