Ingredients:150g/5oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
75g/3oz Caster Sugar
1 Egg (beaten)
Few drops Vanilla Essence
Odlums Porridge Oatflakes for coating
Smarties or Glace Cherries (quartered)
You will also need2 flat baking trays
fat for greasing
a mixing bowl and wooden spoon
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Lightly grease1 large or 2 small flat baking sheets.
- Put margarine and sugar into a mixing bowl and beat until smooth and creamy. Then beat in the egg and vanilla essence.
- Stir in the flour and bring mixture together to form a lump of dough.
- With your hands roll into about 12 small balls.
- Put the oatflakes into a bag and roll the balls in the oats to coat them evenly.
- Place the balls, spread slightly apart, on the baking sheet. Press a Smartie or quartered cherry on top of each and bake for about 15 to 20 minutes until lightly browned.
- Allow the cookies to sit on tin for a few minutes before transferring to a wire tray.
- When completely cold, store in an airtight tin.