225g/8oz Odlums Cream Plain flour
125g/4oz Butter/Margarine (room temperature)
1 Tablespoon Caster Sugar
3 Egg Yolks
1-2 Tablespoons cold Water
Raspberry Jam (5 Tablespoon approx)
3 Egg Whites
Pinch of Salt
175g/6oz Caster Sugar
75g/3oz Shamrock Desiccated Coconut
- Preheat oven to 170°C/325°F/Gas 3. Lightly grease a swiss roll tin 28cms x 18cms/11” x 7” approx.
- Put the flour into a mixing bowl, coarsely rub in the margarine or butter. Add the egg yolks and the water if required to mix to a stiff dough. Lightly knead in some flour, then cover and leave in a fridge for about 15 minutes.
- Roll out the pastry and use to line the prepared tin.
- Spread the jam on the pastry and return to the fridge while making the meringue.
- Put the egg whites and the pinch of salt into a mixing bowl and beat until rather stiff then gradually beat in the sugar. The mixture will be stiff and shiney!
- Finally stir in the coconut. Spread the meringue topping over the jam, dredge with some caster sugar and bake for about 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before cutting into slices and serving!