Ingredients:225g/8oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour 125g/4oz Caster Sugar 100g packet Shamrock Ground Almonds 125g/4oz Margarine (room temperature) 1 Egg (beaten) A little Water, if necessary
Filling450g/1lb Jar Mincemeat
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Lightly grease patty/bun tins.
- Put flour, sugar and ground almonds into a mixing bowl and mix well together.
- Rub margarine through the dry ingredients. Add the egg and water, if required, and mix to a soft dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured board and gently knead.
- Cover with cling film and keep in fridge until ready to use. The pastry will keep for about three days !
- Roll pastry on a floured board and cut rounds with a cutter to fit greased bun/patty tins. Put a teaspoon of mincemeat in each and cut a lid from remaining pastry to put on top.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Pastry: When made wrap in cling film and keep in fridge for up to 3 days.
Uncooked Mince Pies: Wrap the baking bun/patty tin with the uncooked Mince Pies in cling film and freeze. When frozen remove the Mince Pies from the tin and return to the freezer wrapped in a plastic bag. Will keep for up to 6 months
Cooked Mince Pies: These will keep in the freezer up to 3 months wrapped in a plastic bag.
1 Bottle Red Wine
75g/3oz Caster Sugar
1Orange (stuck with Cloves)
1 Orange (cut into slices)
1 Lemon (cut into slices)
5cms/2” pieces of Cinnamon Stick
2 Tablespoons Brandy (optional)
- Put all the ingredients into a large saucepan and heat to simmering, stirring occasionally until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Keep it barely simmering for about 20 minutes, so the flavours can combine!
- Do not boil or the alcohol will evaporate!
- Ladle into heatproof glasses to serve