275g/10oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
225g/8oz Butter/Margarine (at room temperature)
225g/8oz Caster Sugar
2 tablespoons Baileys Cream.
225g/8oz Icing Sugar (sieved)
75g/3oz Butter or Margarine (at room temperature)
2 tablespoons Baileys Cream
Strawberries halved and dipped in25g/1oz melted White Chocolate
- Grease and base line 2 x 18cm/7½” sandwich tins.
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
- Place all the ingredients for the cake: flour, margarine, sugar, eggs and Baileys into a mixing bowl.
- Beat all ingredients together until mixture is smooth.
- Transfer to the prepared tins and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cake is baked when top is gently pressed and it springs back.
- Remove from tin and cool on a wire tray.
To make icing /filling: Beat all ingredients together until smooth. Sandwich the two cakes with half the filling spread the remaining icing on the top of the cake. Decorate with the strawberries.