175g/6oz/6 tablespoons Odlums Self Raising Flour
125g/4oz/4 tablespoons Caster Sugar
125g/4oz Margarine (half a block)
2 tablespoons Cold Water
- Ensure oven is fully pre-heated to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
- Next, put bun paper cases into bun tray.
- Put flour, sugar, margarine, eggs and water into a bowl. Beat all ingredients together with an electric mixer or wooden spoon until the mixture is smooth.
- Put heaped teaspoons of mixture into each bun case.
- Place in the oven on the top shelf and bake for about 15 minutes until golden.
- Cool on a wire tray. When cold, decorate as liked!
Dark Chocolate Chips
- Spread a thin layer of chocolate spread over the cold cupcake
- Cut the chocolate flake into small pieces and arrange to form hedgehog spikes
- Place dark chocolate chips for eyes and cut chocolate chip to make the nose.
225g/8oz Icing Sugar
Orange Food Colouring
8 Liquorice Straps
Cookies and Smarties
- Make Orange Icing: Sieve 225g/8oz icing sugar into a bowl, beat in 2 to 3 tablespoons of water (adding 1 spoon at a time!) until icing is thick and smooth. Add small quantities of orange food colouring to the icing using a cocktail stick. Spread icing on the cold cupcake.
- Take 8 liquorice straps and place over the side of the cupcake to make spider legs.
- Sit a cookie in the middle of the cupcake and place two smarties for eyes