50g/2oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
75g/6oz Odlums Porridge Oats
50g/2oz Shamrock Light Muscavado Sugar
50g/2oz butter (room temperature)
Few drops Vanilla Essence
Pinch of Bread Soda
Pinch of Salt
3 Packets Smarties
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375F/Gas 5. Lightly grease a large flat baking tray.
- Put the sugar, butter, egg and vanilla essence into a mixing bowl and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Gently stir in the flour, oats, bread soda and salt until well mixed .
- Finally, stir in the Smarties. Drop heaped teaspoons of dough onto the prepared tin, leaving about 2 inches apart..
- Bake for about 9 to 11 minutes until edges are lightly browned. Allow to stand for a minute, then transfer to wire tray to cool.
- When cold store in an airtight container.