Ingredients:4 cups Odlums Self Raising Flour
A pinch of Salt
2 teaspoon Shamrock Bread Soda
2 cups Sunflower Oil
2 cups Sugar
3 large Carrots (grated)
1 tin Crushed Pineapple (drained)
100g packet Shamrock Chopped Walnuts
1 cup Shamrock Sultanas
Topping1 x 225g block Cream Cheese
375g/12oz Icing Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
To DecorateShamrock Chopped Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Lightly grease and base line a large casserole dish or roasting tin 30cms x 23cms/12″ x 9″ approx.
- Sieve flour, salt and soda into a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl beat the oil, sugar and eggs.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry mixture and mix well. Add the carrots, pineapple, walnuts and sultanas and stir. Transfer to prepared dish and bake for about 45 minutes until risen and firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven and allow to ‘sit’ in dish for 5 minutes, then turn onto a wire tray to cool.
- Meanwhile make the topping by beating all the ingredients together. When cake is cold spread topping over the top and finally sprinkle with the chopped walnuts.