50g/2oz Odlums Porridge Oatflakes
50g/2oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
150g/5oz Shamrock Golden Caster Sugar
200g packet Shamrock Ground Almonds
50g/2oz Pine Nuts (optional)
450g/1lb Stewed Apples
Sugar to sweeten apples and blackberries
- Place the flour, sugar and oatflakes into a bowl.
- Add butter and rub into the dry ingredients with tips of your fingers to form a crumble. Mix in the ground almonds and finally stir in the pine nuts, if used.
- Mix the blackberries and apples together and place in an oven-proof dish. Sweeten with sugar to taste.
- Spread crumble over the fruit.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 190°C/375°F/ Gas 5 for 15 to 20 minutes approx.
- Serve hot with cream, ice cream, custard, yoghurt or crème fraiche.
To stew apples
- Peel, core and roughly chop apples. Place in saucepan with a little water (3 tablespoons approx) and place over a low heat, stirring occasionally until apples are softened. When apples are soft, if liked, add a pinch of cinnamon at this stage.
Apples can also be stewed in a microwave. Place apples and water in a deep microwaveable bowl and cook on HIGH for approx 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.