Ingredients:250g/8oz Odlums Porridge Oatflakes
125g/4oz Brown Sugar
75g/3oz Golden Syrup
Grated Rind of 1 Orange
50g/2oz chopped Dried Apricots
50g/2oz chopped Nuts (optional)
- Melt the margarine with the sugar and syrup in a large saucepan. Simmer until sugar has dissolved.
- Stir in the oatflakes, orange rind, apricots and nuts, if used.
- Turn into a greased and lined Swiss roll tin (20cm x 30cm/8″ x 20″). Smooth top and press down firmly in tin.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 150°C/300°F/Gas 2 for 20 – 30 minutes until golden brown.
- When baked, cool in tin for 2 minutes. Cut into fingers.
- Cool completely before removing from tin.