- 200g/7oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
- 175g/6oz Butter (room temperature)
- 175g/6oz Shamrock Light Muscovado Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 125g Carton Melon & Orange Yogurt
- Rind of 1 Orange
- 50g/2oz Soft Butter or Margarine
- 150g/5oz Icing Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons fine cut Marmalade
- 175g/6oz Chocolate
- 170 ml Carton Cream
- Mini Easter Eggs and Easter decorations of choice.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Grease and base line 2 x 18cms/7 inch sandwich tins.
- Make the cake by putting all the cake ingredients into a bowl and beat well for a few minutes until smooth. Divide between the two sandwich tins. Bake for about 25 minutes until risen and springs back when lightly pressed with the finger.
- Turn cakes onto wire tray to cool.
- Meanwhile beat all the filling ingredients together until smooth. Cover until cakes are cold.
- Make the icing by putting the chocolate and cream into a bowl over a pan of simmering water until chocolate is melted. Stir occasionally. Remove from the heat.
- Slice each cake in half horizontally. Sandwich each layer with filling and layer on top of each other.
- When icing is starting to ‘set’ cover the cake with it and decorate as liked!