350g / 12oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
150ml / 1/4 pt Orange Juice
75g / 3oz Melted Butter
75g/3oz Caster Sugar
Pinch of Salt
1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
Level teaspoon Bread Soda
1 tin Mandarin Orange Segments (drained)
50g/2oz Shamrock Desiccated Coconut
50g/2oz Caster Sugar
Grated Rind of Half an Orange
- 1. Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5. Line a 12 muffin tray with paper cases.
- 2. Make the topping by rubbing all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- 3. Next, make the muffins by mixing the orange juice, melted butter and egg together. Add all the remaining ingredients accept the orange segments; stir until just moistened.
- 4. Gently stir in the segments. Spoon into prepared tin. Sprinkle the topping over the 12 muffins and bake for about 20 minutes until lightly browned.
- 5. Allow to stand in tin for 5 minutes then cool on a wire tray.