Ingredients:225g/8oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
150g/5oz Shamrock Golden Caster Sugar
100ml/5fl.oz Glenisk Vanilla Yogurt
2 Tablespoons Orange Juice
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
1 Level Teaspoon Bread Soda (sieved)
350g/12oz Icing Sugar
150g/5oz Butter (room temperature)
3 Tablespoon Orange Juice
1 Tablespoon freshly Grated Orange Peel for decoration, if liked
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5. Line a swiss roll tin 28cms x 18cms/11” x 7” with greaseproof paper.
- Beat the sugar, yoghurt and butter together in a large bowl until smooth. Add remaining ingredients for the bars and mix well.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared tin and gently spread out evenly.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until golden brown and a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Turn onto a wire tray, remove the lining paper and allow to cool completely.
- Meanwhile make the icing by beating the sugar, butter and orange juice together until smooth and creamy.
- Spread icing over cold mixture and cut into bars. Sprinkle with orange rind if liked.